0151 538 6072
If you don't have a group of your own, but don't want to learn alone, our Open Classes are for you. We bring together small groups, and between us create some great food. You can choose whether you join a group learning to cook dumplings on our Momo Making Course, or traditional Nepalese curries and rice on our Dal Bhat Course. After cooking, we all sit down with a complimentary glass of beer or wine, to eat, relax and enjoy together . We like to call this 'Nepali style'!
The emphasis in these classes in on working as a team, and getting stuck in. We take a workshop approach, combining a few demonstrations with a lot of hands on, practical learning. Your class begins with an introduction about the dishes you will cook, its key ingredients, flavours and place in Nepalese life. Once the theory is in place, our staff will guide you through the preparation, cooking and serving of traditional dishes, encouraging you to taste, adapt and tailor our recipes to truly make them your own.
Alongside sharing about Nepalese food and cooking, our staff love to share as much as possible about this wonderfull country. So, to make sure you get a true feel for where you food is coming from, please ask lots of questions along the way!
Click here for dates of our upcoming classes dates
- Step by step instruction and guidance on how to make all dishes from scratch
- Hands on, practical learning
- All ingredients and equipment
- Additional Nepalese curry and rice to enjoy at the end of the evening (Momo Making only)*
- Complimentary glass of beer / soft drink to enjoy with your food*
- Starter spice pack to take away to recreate your dishes at home
- Recipe cards
- Background information on Nepalese food and culture
- Learn to write your name in Nepali, and to say a few key foodie phrases
Where: Claremont Farm
*Only available on classes in the Claremont Kitchen
Click here to learn more about the food you can learn to cook.
Group size: Maximum 6
Special requests: Please talk to us about any dietry requirements and / or allergies you have when booking.
"A definate must try for all those people interested in learning to cook something new."