0151 538 6072
In Nepal people don't say 'we're having a BBQ', they simply say. 'we're cooking'. That's because in villages like Keshav's there is no such thing as a hob or an oven, everything is cooked over open fires. And what's the easiest way to cook over an open fire? Well, to marinade and skewer your food, of course!
There's plenty for meat eaters and vegetarians alike on this class. We combine a load of home-style Nepalese BBQ dishes with a few Momo Cooking original recipes We mix up a range of traditional Nepalese marinades, prepare a perfect fried rice, spice up a potato salad and whip up a sweet mango lassi. We will share our original recipe for Nepalese inspired lamb and chickpea and sweet potato burgers that are bursting with Himalayan flavours. Finally, we make some traditional flatbreads and a taste-bud blowing tomato ketchup to round the meal off.
Participants work in pairs to prepare their own dishes and so gain experience of every aspect of our menu. At the end of the session we fire up the BBQ, put on some Nepali music, crack open a beer and enjoy our food looking over the fields. Doesn't get much better than this!
Course cost: £85 per person (group and private rates availablel on request)
- Step by step instruction and guidance on how to make your dishes from scratch
- Hands on, practical learning
- All ingredients and equipment
- Complimentary glass of beer / soft drink to enjoy with your food
- Recipe cards
- Background information on Nepalese food and culture
- Learn to write your name in Nepali, and to say a few key, foodie phrases
"What an experience...Will definitely be returning for future classes! "